Oregano oil can be used as a natural remedy for herpes! Herpes is a long-lasting and foreboding virus that can lurk within the system sometimes for many years before making itself known. It exists in two forms: Oral Herpes (HSV-1) which attacks the mouth and lips and Genital Herpes (HSV-2) which is a virus within the genital or anal region.
Symptoms include pain, discharge, cold sores, ulcers, and blisters. If you suffer with this very robust germ then read on for more information about how natural elements like oregano oil can help you curing herpes!
What Is Oregano Oil?
Oregano oil is a natural and highly potent antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal oil that is believed to be more effective in fighting bacteria than regular antibiotics.
You may likely know oregano as being used for culinary purposes but with the oils that are extracted from the herb or plant, you can uncover countless health benefits. Such as, oregano oil can cure herpes!
How Does Oregano Oil Work
Oregano oil is known for having some unique benefits that can help destroy the herpes virus. Oregano contains an element called carvacrol. The main issue with treating herpes is that the cell membrane around the infection is very strong and tough.
However, carvacrol can work to weaken the membrane and therefore permeate the virus, unlike other known remedies. It is then that the antiseptic properties of oregano can get to work against herpes.
What Makes It Such An Effective Herpes Cure?
- Prescribed medications and over-the-counter treatments are often laden with chemicals that can do more harm than good. Oregano oil is natural and therefore much kinder on the system whilst still being effective.
- Oregano contains natural anti fungicides, carvacrol which weakens the herpes membrane and innate antiseptic and immune boosting properties.
- Oregano also contains origanum heacleoticum L. which has been proven to kill bacteria’s of herpes that are otherwise resistant to antibiotics.
- Oregano oil is made in the most part from products extracted from the herb itself and this makes it a relatively inexpensive product. Due to its potency, you will really only need to use a few drops per application and therefore a bottle is a long-lasting investment.
- Oregano oil is easy to use, and its natural properties make it fairly safe for herpes victims. It can be applied topically or diluted with water and ingested.
How to Use Oregano Oil for Herpes
- Make sure that you are using a therapeutic grade oil that is 100% pure.
- The oil is available as a capsule too, however, it is not recommended for long-term use and should only be taken for a maximum of two weeks at a time before an extended break.
- Start with a very weak concentration of the oil (around 1%) and then increase in small doses.
- To apply to the skin on herpes affected area, mix 2-3 drops of oregano oil with olive oil and apply twice daily. The herpes virus is also known to live at the base of the spine so ensure you also apply topically here too.
- To use internally mix 2-3 drops with some water and ingest but do not take on an empty stomach.
Oregano oil for herpes is a natural way to cure this very robust germ. As with all remedies you will need to be certain of your compatibility with the product. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant then you will need to speak to your doctor, it is also known to alter the blood sugar level within the body, so diabetics should avoid this type of treatment.